When and where
The cheesemarket Alkmaar 2013 will take place from
March 29th untill september 6th, every friday from 10 am
untill 12.30 pm on the Waagplein.
Thousands of visitors from all
over the world visit Alkmaar for
its cheese market,a particular spectacle
which includes a market filled with
cheese and hauling cheese carriers.
The cheese market has taken place on the Waagpleinin
Alkmaar since 1593.
Program (subject to confirmation):
- 09.50: Welcoming the visitors
- 09.55: Introduction of the bell-ringer
- 10.00: The bell is rung and the market is opened
- 10.05 - 10.50: Verbal presentation to visitors,
in Dutch, German, English and French
- 10.50 - 11.15: Performance by the carillon
- 11.20 - 12.05: Verbal presentation to
visitors, in Dutch, German, English and French
- 12.15 - 12.45 : Performance by the carillon
- 12.30: Cheese Market closes